Congratulations to Institute member communities Hudson, Ohio, and Westerville, Ohio, on being named to the 2019 list of the world’s Smart21 Communities by the Intelligent Community Forum. The cities were named Wednesday evening following an ICF Canada Community Roundtable in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
This is the second year for Hudson to receive the honor and the first for Westerville. While Hudson was the only U.S. city on the 2018 list, this year the two Ohio cities are joined by Chicago and Rochester, NY. The cities will move on to the next round in the awards program with the Top7 communities named in February 2019 at Université Laval in Quebec City, Canada. From the Top7, an Intelligent Community of the Year will be named at the ICF Global Summit in New York City in June 2019.
Other cities named to this year’s Smart21 are:
- Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Binh Duong New City, Vietnam
- Chiayi City, Taiwan
- Curitaba, Parana, Brazil
- Greater Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- Issy les Moulineaux, France
- Keelung City, Taiwan
- Moscow, Russia
- Nairobi County, Kenya
- Prospect, South Australia, Australia
- Sarnia-Lambton County, Ontario, Canada
- Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
- Surat, Gujarat, India
- Tainan City, Taiwan
- Taoyuan City, Taiwan
- Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Join us for the next ICF Global Institute Workshop Friday, Nov. 9, where Westerville CIO Todd Jackson and Spark A Fire’s Tricia Strahler will share a community case study on Westerville’s Smart21 application. To register, click here.